Zee Plan...

I "plan" to post at least once a week now... maybe twice if you're lucky. I might post random stuff that doesn't matter sometimes, but we'll see.

POSTING DAYS ARE MONDAYS because most people spend their Monday's reading stuff on the internet any way.

*All statements subject to change without notice. No returns or exchanges. Not to be used as a flotation device. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm all up on my political high horse today: So lets get to posting



I basically started crying right here in front of my computer. Amazing.

Political Consultant Donna Brazile speaking on the New Yorker's Panel "If I Were Running This Campaign." Passion and emotion aside, she makes some very good points. And since McCain is INCREASINGLY attacking Obama for the dumbest of things (he knows a guy who did some terrorist things in the 60's! So do I, in fact my daughter goes and visits them every afternoon and calls them GRANDPARENTS), and since McCain's supporters are yelling out that Obama is a TERRORIST at McCain rally's and since Sarah Palin is just dumb enough to agree with them... and since Elizabeth Hasselbeck repeats it like she believes it and it makes me want to reach through my computer screen and just SHAKE HER... here... some ACTUAL THOUGHTS to make you think, on this Tuesday... see the video here (seriously, watch it).

From The New Yorker Website (transcript, incomplete, watch the video... it's better)

I'm gonna say it and get it off my chest, because for the next thirty days, I'm gonna be the best Catholic woman ever….As a child who grew up in the segregated Deep South, we've come so far in this country….But I remember when I used to get on the bus: my mother would tell me, "Donna, when you get on the bus, you and your brothers go all the way to the back, and don't look at anybody." We have changed. This is a more tolerant, open, progressive society. And yet, we're having this conversation because [Obama] is biracial. He spent nine months in the womb of a white woman. He was raised…by his white grandparents…He got out of school and went to Harvard, and all of a sudden he's "uppity" and there's something wrong with him? What is wrong with us?…You can vote against him, but don't ever put me in the back of the bus. I'm not going to the back of the bus! I'm not going to be afraid! My black skin does not make me inferior! And may I add: being a female does not make me dumb!

No comments: